Subject: bug#16068: 24.3; Printing doesn't work

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 11:55:55 +0200

> From: Андрей Парамонов <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 13:06:36 +0400
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> Customization of printer-name (in my case to //82.97.201.165/AFICIO2018D)
> did work indeed.

Good.

> But is it feasible to improve autodetection of printer-name? It seems Emacs
> was on the right way, guessing 82.97.201.165 correctly.

Maybe we can improve that.  What does this display in "emacs -Q" on
that machine?

  M-: (default-printer-name) RET

I don't have access to Windows 8, but I just tried your recipe on
Windows 7 which is configured to use a printer share on a different
machine, specified with an IP address (similar to your case), and in
my case the printer name is auto-detected correctly. i.e. it has the
printer's share name following the IP address of the server.