Subject: bug#16066: closed (Re: bug#16066: 24.3.50; rectangle-mark-mode and transient-mark-mode nil)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 07:33:03 +0000

Your bug report

#16066: 24.3.50; rectangle-mark-mode and transient-mark-mode nil

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
16066: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=16066
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#16066: 24.3.50; rectangle-mark-mode and transient-mark-mode nil
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: Michael Welsh Duggan <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 02:32:41 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Note that there is no way to tell that the selection is rectangular.

Thanks, should be fixed now.

        Stefan

Subject: 24.3.50; rectangle-mark-mode and transient-mark-mode nil
From: Michael Welsh Duggan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 22:31:02 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

emacs -Q
M-x transient-mark-mode

C-x ( C-u 10 x RET C-x ) C-u 9 C-x e
C-p C-x SPC C-SPC C-p C-p C-p C-f C-f C-f

Note that there is no way to tell that the selection is rectangular.  I
suggest that if tmm is off, that starting rectangle-mark-mode should
turn tmm on, and toggling rectangle-mark-mode off should
turn tmm back to its original state.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
 of 2013-12-05 on maru2
Bzr revision: 111220 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11404000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux unstable (sid)

Configured using:
 `configure --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 'CFLAGS=-Og -ggdb' --with-wide-int'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t

Features:
(cus-start cus-load shadow emacsbug info qp gnus-dup mule-util sort
gnus-cite gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml disp-table gnus-topic utf-7
nndraft nnmh epa-file epa derived epg network-stream starttls nnimap
parse-time tls utf7 netrc bbdb-gnus bbdb-snarf mail-extr bbdb-com nnml
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-cache
gnus-demon nntp gnutls nnir gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail
mail-source nnoo gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus
gnus-ems gnus-compat url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse url-vars nnheader
rect gud dired-aux time-stamp whitespace tabify ps-print ps-def lpr
picture edmacro compile dabbrev jka-compr find-func misearch
multi-isearch noutline outline view cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds tramp-cache server flyspell ispell uptimes pp
descr-text help-mode tramp tramp-compat auth-source eieio byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv eieio-core gnus-util time-date
tramp-loaddefs cl-macs gv trampver shell pcomplete advice help-fns time
sieve-manage password-cache rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt
rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util
sgml-mode psvn wid-edit cl log-edit pcvs-util add-log diff-mode
easy-mmode mailcap message sendmail format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-load generated generic-x ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff
ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff debian-el
debian-el-loaddefs dired-x easymenu dired cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs bbdb-autoloads bbdb timezone ange-ftp comint ansi-color
ring kmacro cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Michael Welsh Duggan
([email-masked])