Subject: 24.3.50; C-x SPC no longer sets breakpoints

From: Michael Welsh Duggan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 22:23:38 -0500

`C-x SPC' no longer sets breakpoints in gud.  When the `C-x SPC' binding
was added for `rectangle-mark-mode', I thought that it was stated that
programming modes would retain the `gud-break' meaning of `C-x SPC'.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
 of 2013-12-05 on maru2
Bzr revision: 111220 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11404000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux unstable (sid)

Configured using:
 `configure --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 'CFLAGS=-Og -ggdb' --with-wide-int'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t

Features:
(shadow emacsbug info qp gnus-dup mule-util sort gnus-cite gnus-async
gnus-bcklg gnus-ml disp-table gnus-topic utf-7 nndraft nnmh epa-file epa
derived epg network-stream starttls nnimap parse-time tls utf7 netrc
bbdb-gnus bbdb-snarf mail-extr bbdb-com nnml gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-cache gnus-demon nntp gnutls
nnir gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source nnoo gnus-start
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus gnus-ems gnus-compat url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util url-parse url-vars nnheader rect gud dired-aux
time-stamp whitespace tabify ps-print ps-def lpr picture edmacro compile
dabbrev jka-compr find-func misearch multi-isearch noutline outline view
cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds tramp-cache server
flyspell ispell uptimes pp descr-text help-mode tramp tramp-compat
auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv eieio-core
gnus-util time-date tramp-loaddefs cl-macs gv trampver shell pcomplete
advice help-fns time sieve-manage password-cache rng-loc rng-uri
rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns
nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util sgml-mode psvn wid-edit cl log-edit pcvs-util
add-log diff-mode easy-mmode mailcap message sendmail format-spec rfc822
mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils
mailheader gnus-load generated generic-x ediff-merg ediff-wind
ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff debian-el
debian-el-loaddefs dired-x easymenu dired cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs bbdb-autoloads bbdb timezone ange-ftp comint ansi-color
ring kmacro cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Michael Welsh Duggan
([email-masked])