Subject: bug#16063: 24.3.50; Suggest inclusion of faceup, a regression test system for font-lock

From: Anders Lindgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 22:39:40 +0100

Hi!

While developing a font-lock package for CMake, I realized that there was
no way to regression-test it. So, I wrote a package for that as well. It's
called "faceup" and is based on a plain-text representation of texts with
faces and is designed to be used with the "ert" regression test system.

The package itself can be found at https://github.com/Lindydancer/faceup

To see this package in action, see the see the "test" directory of
https://github.com/Lindydancer/cmake-font-lock . The tests range from small
snippets to real-world CMake source files.

When I mentioned this package to Stefan Monnier, he suggested that I should
submit it for inclusion, so here it is.

    -- Anders Lindgren

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.2 (i386-apple-darwin10.8.0, NS apple-appkit-1038.36)
 of 2013-06-15 on macpro.local
Bzr revision: 112898
[email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1265
Configured using:
 `configure --with-ns'

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:
  global-prepaint-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-cwarn-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-file-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  msb-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
f r e s h SPC i t . SPC <escape> q C-k ( T h i s SPC
d o e s SPC n o t SPC w o r k SPC o n SPC o n l d e
r SPC <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> l d e r SPC v <backspace> E
m a c s SPC v e r s i o n s . ) C-a C-x C-s C-e <left>
<left> <right> <backspace> SPC t h o u g h . C-a C-x
C-s <escape> q C-a C-x C-s <down> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right>
<right> <right> <right> C-SPC <left> C-SPC C-M-f <escape>
w C-a C-e C-a C-a C-x C-f d o <tab> <backspace> <backspace>
<tab> <tab> C-g C-x C-f <M-backspace> <M-backspace>
<M-backspace> <M-backspace> d o <tab> . <return> <down>
<down> <return> C-x o <escape> < <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down> C-e <backspace> 3 C-a C-x C-s <down>
C-e <return> ; ; SPC D a t e Ö SPC 2 0 <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> : SPC 2 0 1 3 -
1 2 - 0 5 C-a C-x C-s C-k C-k C-x C-s C-v C-v C-c C-v
<escape> < <help-echo> <up> <down> <down> <down> <down>
<down> C-s r e f r e s h - d e C-a <up> <up> C-e <left>
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left>
M-d C-a C-x C-s <up> <down> <down> C-x p <up> <down>
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <up> C-e / x x x C-a C-x C-s <escape> x r e
p o r t - e m a <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Beginning of buffer
Mark saved where search started
Saving file
/Users/anders/emacs/src/cmake-font-lock/andersl-cmake-font-lock.el...
Wrote /Users/anders/emacs/src/cmake-font-lock/andersl-cmake-font-lock.el
Beginning of buffer
Saving file /Users/anders/emacs/doc/GitHub.txt...
Wrote /Users/anders/emacs/doc/GitHub.txt
Restarting server
Library idna specified by `autoload' does not exist.
Library messagexmas specified by `autoload' does not exist.

Load-path shadows:
/Users/anders/emacs/lisp/table hides
/Applications/Emacs24.3-trunk.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/textmodes/table
/Users/anders/emacs/lisp/ruby-mode hides
/Applications/Emacs24.3-trunk.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/ruby-mode
/Users/anders/emacs/src/asm-mode-new/src/asm-mode hides
/Applications/Emacs24.3-trunk.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/asm-mode

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils dabbrev vc-bzr dired pp jka-compr find-func
help-mode misearch multi-isearch follow vc-dispatcher vc-svn sh-script
smie executable eldoc ps-print ps-def lpr server autorevert
folding-isearch folding view rdebug cwarn prepaint cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
tempo split-nways lockdir project-name uniquify ange-ftp comint
ansi-color ring paren mic-paren cl-macs gv iso-insert minibuf-elfile
easy-mmode recentf tree-widget wid-edit easymenu msb edmacro kmacro
disp-table warnings time advice help-fns cl nadvice cl-lib time-date
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process ns multi-tty
emacs)