Subject: bug#16054: 24.3; Disabling menu bar when minibuffer is active causes cursor to be disconnected from point

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 16:28:54 +0100

How to reproduce (I admit this is a rather convoluted use case, but
still... :-) )

* Start a new terminal-mode Emacs:

    emacs -nw -Q

  Emacs displays, with menu bar on top of screen.

* Enable recursive minibuffers:

    M-: (setq enable-recursive-minibuffers t) RET

* Type C-x C-f. The minibuffer activates, prompting for a file name.

* Type C-u - 1 M-x menu-bar-mode RET. Menu bar goes away.

* Type a file name and RET.

* Editing now works, but the on-screen cursor does not reflect where
  point is, but seems to move around somewhat unpredictably, and
  screen layout is weird.

Verified on

* GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i386-apple-darwin10.8.0, NS apple-appkit-1038.36)
* GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (sparc-sun-solaris2.10, X toolkit, Xaw scroll bars)
* GNU Emacs 21.4.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw scroll bars)

Terminal was Apple's Terminal.app from MacOS 10.7 or XTerm.