Subject: Re: bug#16051: 24.3.50; Emacs hang - resize frame manually

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 18:19:53 +0200

> Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 16:46:50 +0100
> From: Jarek Czekalski <[email-masked]>
> 
> W dniu 2013-12-21 16:12, Eli Zaretskii pisze:
> > Why would you want to drag the bottom right corner so far left as to 
> > leave no space for displaying the windows?
> 
> To reproduce the issue and help Emacs development. I don't understand 
> this question, by the way. If this is not extremely important let's 
> don't investigate it further. I promise to stop unreasonable resizing of 
> the windows, Emacs windows.

I don't think it's important, certainly not extremely important.  You
can hang Emacs with as little as '(while t)'.  Users who do
unreasonable things should expect trouble, because Emacs gives them a
lot of rope to hang themselves.

Of course, if someone comes up with a patch to prevent infinite
redisplay cycles in this case, such a patch will be welcome.