Subject: bug#16051: 24.3.50; Emacs hang - resize frame manually

From: Jarek Czekalski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 14:44:36 +0100

The bug report seems to have been hijacked. Let's now get back to the 
subject:

I reproduce the issue in r115660, with default building configuration 
(no checks).

1. emacs -Q
2. drag the bottom right corner of the window up and left
3. before you reach the up left corner of the window Emacs stops 
displaying its contents, only scroll-bars are visible - it hangs

Not reproducable in 100%. The most easily when dragging slowly (only 
right edge of the window may suffice) to the left. Then it's noticeable, 
that it happens after reaching toolbar size, so it should wrap. 
Sometimes it's possible to avoid the freeze by doing quick movements.

In my case this is the part (from xdisp.c:~13620) that replays 
infinitely (redisplay_internal does not end):

           if (f->fonts_changed)
             {
               adjust_frame_glyphs (f);
               f->fonts_changed = 0;
printf("A"); fflush(stdout); //BS
               goto retry_frame;
             }

Jarek