Subject: bug#16051: 24.3.50; Emacs hang - resize frame manually

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 17:31:25 +0200

> Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 15:32:24 +0100
> From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
> CC: [email-masked]
> 
>  > FWIW, it aborts because 'row' is 7, whereas matrix->nrows is 5.  From
>  > these numbers, I'm guessing that the problem happens when Emacs tries
>  > to redisplay the tool-bar window (which gets taller when you shrink
>  > the frame width like this).
>  >
>  > Some missing block_input somewhere, perhaps?
> 
> Maybe I don't get it then because I build without image support.

What, not even XPM?  That's all that is needed in "emacs -Q".

> But I can't reproduce it on Debian where I have image support.

Depending on the toolkit, Emacs does not necessarily draw the tool bar
on Unix.

> What is your oldest build where this abort occurs?

It occurs as far back as Oct 19.  I think this is an old bug, so you
don't need to worry.