Subject: bug#16051: 24.3.50; Emacs hang - resize frame manually

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 20:56:10 +0100

> I'm actually able to make the frame so small that it consists only of
 > the caption bar.  No tool bar, no text area, nothing.

As I mentioned earlier they are clipped by the window manager.  You
should see their real size by evaluating something like

(defvar foo nil)

(defun foo ()
   (setq foo
	(cons
	 (list (frame-height)
	       (window-height (frame-root-window))
	       (window-height (minibuffer-window)))
	 foo)))

(add-hook 'window-configuration-change-hook 'foo)

with emacs -Q and making the frame as small as you can.  From the value
of foo you will see that the frame height can drop to zero while the
window heights remain positive (better seen with split windows now).

Unfortunately, I still get crashes here and elsewhere - mostly related
to minibuffer resizing with a tiny frame.

martin