Subject: 回复: Re: bug#16045: 24.3.50; rgrep can't work

From: zijianyue <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 13:23:16 +0800

GREAT！rgrep works well now in the 2013-12-07 version,thanks for your work!!!

zijianyue

From: Michael Albinus
Date: 2013-12-07 00:15
To: Eli Zaretskii
CC: monnier; zijianyue; 16045
Subject: Re: bug#16045: 24.3.50; rgrep can't work
Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> It's not enough to test with a remote directory, we need to test it
> when it exceeds the line-length limits, no?

Yes. According to my tests, the problem happens when you apply rgrep
(loooong parameter list of find), and Tramp uses on the remote side
ksh. For other shells like zsh or bash I haven't seen any problem.

However, Tramp does not care about the remote shell, and starts to
insert "\\\n" every 500 bytes of the command line, looking for the
next space there. Using rgrep for tests shall be sufficient, I believe.

Best regrads, Michael.