Subject: bug#16038: 24.3; latest change to with-help-window makes temp-buffer-browse useless

From: Leo Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 08:23:18 +0800

On 2014-01-12 17:53 +0800, martin rudalics wrote:
> I know.  But this was predated by
>
> ;; This makes `with-output-to-temp-buffer' buffers use `help-mode'.
> (add-hook 'temp-buffer-setup-hook 'help-mode-setup)
> (add-hook 'temp-buffer-show-hook 'help-mode-finish)
>
> and nobody suggested how to cleanly disentangle these.
>
> martin

Stefan,

Could you comment on this issue? Could we remove the following two
add-hooks?

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(add-hook 'temp-buffer-setup-hook 'help-mode-setup)
(add-hook 'temp-buffer-show-hook 'help-mode-finish)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Martin,

Assume help-mode and with-output-to-temp-buffer are decoupled, is it
possible to merge the two macros with-output-to-temp-buffer and
with-temp-buffer-window?

Thank you,
Leo