Subject: bug#16028: 24.3.50; Latest build completely breaks my thumnail frames code

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2013 13:25:38 +0100

>> If there are no errors, x_set_font inevitably calls x_new_font which on
 >> window inevitably calls x_set_window_size which inevitably calls
 >> my_set_window_pos.
 >
 > But my_set_window_pos just tells Windows to redraw the frame according
 > to the current dimensions.  It's the current dimensions that need to
 > be changed, and that is done by redisplay, when it notices that the
 > font was changed and therefore the dimensions of the glyph matrices
 > need to be updated.

my_set_window_pos sends a resize request to Windows so the frame size
should visibly change.  redisplay then can do whatever it wants - but it
can't undo the frame size change.

 >> BTW I could hardly analyze this at the moment because now I'm bitten by
 >> the "modeline doesn't update correctly" virus.  `find-tag-noselect',
 >> when trying to go to the definition of x_new_font, switches from
 >> nsterm.m to w32term.c to xterm.c as expected but after going to nsterm.m
 >> the modeline buffer id is stuck at nsterm.m.
 >
 > Probably due to Stefan's changes.  "M-x redraw-display RET" should put
 > you out of your misery.  (It's entirely possible that just "M-x" will
 > do.)

I filed a bug report.

martin