Subject: bug#16028: 24.3.50; Latest build completely breaks my thumnail frames code

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2013 10:46:44 +0100

>> x_set_font does a lot to make redisplay happen.
 >
 > You mean the call to clear_current_matrices?  AFAIR, that's not
 > enough: it just ensures that _when_ redisplay happens, every screen
 > line will get redrawn.  But it doesn't force redisplay.
 >
 > Perhaps try calling fset_redisplay for that frame.

If there are no errors, x_set_font inevitably calls x_new_font which on
window inevitably calls x_set_window_size which inevitably calls
my_set_window_pos.  Or do you see some way out for this?  So my only
explanation is that something in Drew's setup signals an error which
causes this to return earlier.

BTW I could hardly analyze this at the moment because now I'm bitten by
the "modeline doesn't update correctly" virus.  `find-tag-noselect',
when trying to go to the definition of x_new_font, switches from
nsterm.m to w32term.c to xterm.c as expected but after going to nsterm.m
the modeline buffer id is stuck at nsterm.m.

martin