Subject: bug#16028: 24.3.50; Latest build completely breaks my thumnail frames code

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 11:13:02 +0100

>> Because that's what x_set_scroll_bar_width in frame.c does.
 >> Unfortunately so, IMHO.
 >
 > Well, I don't understand, but maybe I do not need to.  Is that something
 > new?  The regression is new.  If the C code has always done that, it has
 > not been problematic for thumbnail frames before now.

You've been exploiting an undocumented feature, namely that setting the
scrollbar width takes as reference values the numbers of lines and
columns of a frame it had before an unacknowledged action preceding the
current one.

 > You mean the only solution is to stop using Emacs 24 after 24.3?

If you insist on using the old code, maybe.

 >> Hopefully, scrollbars on Windows are the only problem for you.
 >
 > Well at least that is good news.  As a workaround, then, I could presumably
 > turn off the scroll bar on thumbnail frames.  That would be a fairly large
 > loss of functionality, but at least it would make (de)thumbifying possible
 > again.

You should try the solution I sketched in my other mail.

martin