Subject: bug#16026: Gnus shouldn't use old connections

From: "Sebastien Vauban" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2013 16:19:25 +0100

Stefan Monnier wrote:
> Package: Emacs
> Version: 24.3.50
>
> Gnus should consider a connection as dead if it has been idle for more
> than some timeout value (e.g. 5 minutes).  This bites me every day when
> I wake up my computer: if I just hit `g' to refresh the *Group* buffer,
> it *always* hangs (I guess it would timeout but only after a long wait,
> like 2h).  Instead, I have to go to *Server*, close each server, go back
> to *Group* and then hit `g'.

Weird. I do the same as you, or almost [1], and don't have that problem.

Best regards,
  Seb

[1] When I'm closing the lid, the computer is put to "sleep" (not "hibernate").
And, every night, I switch the mains off for the computer room.

-- 
Sebastien Vauban