Subject: bug#16021: Fwd: Libtool v2.4.2 test failure on ARMv7h (ODROID XU) using GCC v4.8.2

From: Mikael Lyngvig <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 13:47:35 +0100

Whoops, forgot to attach the tests/testsuite.log file.  Here it is.

-- Mikael

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mikael Lyngvig <[email-masked]>
Date: 2013/12/1
Subject: Libtool v2.4.2 test failure on ARMv7h (ODROID XU) using GCC v4.8.2
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

I am trying to build libtool v2.4.2 using the Arch Linux PKGBUILD file
found at:

    https://github.com/archlinuxarm/PKGBUILDs/tree/master/core/libtool

I have successfully built GCC v4.8.2-4, but I am unable to make the Arch
Linux package for libtool because of the following failure:

   FAIL: tests/pdemo-make.test

I also ran the test in verbose mode and this is the result:

Libtool stress test.

114: Link option thorough search test                ok
115: Run tests with low max_cmd_len               FAILED (cmdline_wrap.at:43
)
116: override pic_flag at configure time               skipped (
pic_flag.at:47)

Sincerely,
Mikael Lyngvig