Subject: bug#16007: admin/charsets/mule-charsets.el requires old Emacs version

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 13:16:40 -0500

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Btw, while removing these and similar files from the repository,
> please keep in mind the possibility that Emacs is bootstrapped in a
> non-ASCII directory, which could use characters from these charsets.
> Let's not remove any files that will defeat such a possibility.

They are not likely to go any time soon, because they require
non-standard tools to make. Obviously it's something I have my eye on,
though. I am a bit annoyed that we have _two_ identical copies (in
etc/charsets and admin/charsets/mapfiles) of some of these generated
files in the repo! ;)

BTW, this .bzrignore pattern:

*.map

is far too broad. Eg

  bzr status etc/charsets/MULE-ipa.map
  -> ignored:
     etc/charsets/MULE-ipa.map

It seems to be some Windows thing; can it be restricted?