Subject: bug#16005: inferior-lisp and filenames with spaces

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 09:10:33 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>>       (let ((cmdlist (split-string cmd)))
>> 	(set-buffer (apply (function make-comint)
>> 			   "inferior-lisp" (car cmdlist) nil (cdr cmdlist)))

[...]

> If we prompt the users for a shell command, we should expect the users
> to quote it as they would when they type at the shell's prompt.  is
> this prompt for the complete shell command, or is it only for the name
> of the program's executable file?  If the latter, we should run the
> result through shell-quote-argument before using it; if the former,
> the user should do the quoting, and there's no bug in Emacs.

It's the former.  The problem is that there is no way for the user to
quote the command, since we do a `split-string' on what they typed in
before executing it.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no