Subject: Re: bug#15985: 24.3.50; package-install fails in non-interactive sessions

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2021 04:30:22 +0100

Sebastian Wiesner <[email-masked]> writes:

> In Emacs 24.3.50 `package-install' fails to install packages from MELPA
> at http://melpa.milkbox.net/packages/ in non-interactive sessions.
>
> Note, that this does not affect Emacs 24.3, or *interactive* sessions of
> Emacs 24.3.50, or the GNU archive generally.  The error only occurs when
> installing packages from MELPA in a non-interactive session of Emacs
> 24.3.50.

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
at the time.)

Are you still seeing this issue in recent Emacs versions?  (Looking at
the rest of the messages in this bug report, it seems likely to me that
the errors stem from MELPA outputting empty gzip files, so it might not
have been an Emacs problem in the first place.)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no