Subject: Re: bug#15984: 24.3; Problem with combining characters in attachment filename

From: [email-masked] (Niels Möller)
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 23:46:31 +0100

[email-masked] (Niels Möller) writes:

>> Can you send that message as a binary attachment?
>
> It's not very sensitive (it's about shares and options for a company I
> used to be employed by), but I'd prefer it not to be posted publicly on
> the bugtracker, or widely distributed among emacs hackers.

I've now created a smaller an anonymized example. I tried to mail it to
myself with sendmail -t, to confirm it still crashes emacs. Mailing for
some reason didn't work, but the bounce I got back is a good enough
example: It is displayed by Gnus with a button looking like

[5. application/pdf; Brev aktieägar 131127.pdf]...

and pressing "o" on that makes emacs crash, just as withh the original
message.

Attached in gzip form. I hope emacs doesn't automagically unpack and
display the buttons for the embedded attachment when you read this in
emacs, but if it does, be careful.

Regards,
/Niels

-- 
Niels Möller. PGP-encrypted email is preferred. Keyid C0B98E26.
Internet email is subject to wholesale government surveillance.