Subject: 24.3.50; GC still crashes

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 07:26:31 -0500

I am still getting the crashes in GC that I reported,
where a symbol clear-overlay-<whatever> points to an invalid
vectorlike.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.15 (mips64el-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
 of 2013-11-22 on chiefs-gnewsense
Bzr revision: 115176 [email-masked]
System Description:	gNewSense GNU/Linux 3.0 (parkes)

Configured using:
 `configure 'CFLAGS=-g -O0''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Dired by date

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  gpm-mouse-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent input:
c ESC f ESC f ESC f C-k C-o , SPC b u t SPC t h e SPC 
q u e s t i o n SPC i s , SPC h o w SPC b i g SPC i 
s SPC ESC DEL ESC DEL i m p o r t a n t SPC i s SPC 
i t RET a n d SPC h o w SPC ESC DEL w h a t SPC C-a 
C-k DEL DEL t ? RET W h a t SPC d o SPC C-d C-d ESC 
q C-x C-s C-x b RET C-n C-o ESC C-v C-n C-o ESC C-v 
C-n C-o C-x 4 m v e r l DEL n a l e o C-n N e w SPC 
h o m e SPC p a g e C-a C-n C-n C-n C-u C-k C-o W o 
u d l SPC i t SPC m a k e SPC s e n s e C-a ESC f C-b 
C-t C-e SPC t o SPC a s k SPC L o g i n e r SPC v o 
n SPC W e b SPC t o SPC u p d a t e SPC h i s SPC n 
e w SPC h o m e SPC p a g e RET s o SPC y o u SPC d 
o n ' t SPC h a v e SPC t o ? C-c C-g ESC ; C-d 3 d 
C-c C-c C-x o C-n C-o ESC C-v C-n C-o ESC C-v C-n C-o 
ESC C-v C-n C-o C-n C-o C-n C-o C-l ESC x r e p o r 
t SPC e m a c v s SPC b DEL DEL DEL s SPC SPC u DEL 
RET

Recent messages:
Wrote /home/rms/outgoing/out-54
Quit
Saving file /home/rms/outgoing/out-54...
Wrote /home/rms/outgoing/out-54
Auto-saving...done
C-c C-g is undefined
Mark set
Sending...
Wrote /home/rms/outgoing/out-84
Sending...done

Load-path shadows:
/home/rms/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/net/shr-color hides /home/rms/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/gnus/shr-color
/home/rms/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/net/shr hides /home/rms/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/gnus/shr
/home/rms/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/net/rcompile hides /home/rms/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/obsolete/rcompile

Features:
(shadow emacsbug rmailkwd vc-arch vc-mtn vc-hg vc-git vc-bzr vc-sccs
vc-svn vc-rcs vc vc-dispatcher view jka-compr ispell rect unrmail
parse-time vc-cvs sgml-mode etags epa-mail org-element org-rmail
org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus gnus-util org-docview org-bibtex
bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv
org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle
org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint ob-core
cl-macs gv cl cl-loaddefs cl-lib ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs find-func epa derived epg epg-config quail help-mode
shell pcomplete grep compile comint ansi-color ring mule-util cal-move
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs dabbrev rmailsum misearch multi-isearch
dired-aux rmailout mailalias qp rmailmm message sendmail format-spec
rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader mail-parse rfc2231 dired t-mouse finder-inf
package rmailedit rmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils time-date paren cus-start cus-load advice help-fns tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)
        [ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider
        [ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,
        [ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation
51 Franklin St
Boston MA 02110
USA
www.fsf.org  www.gnu.org
Skype: No way! That's nonfree (freedom-denying) software.
  Use Ekiga or an ordinary phone call.