Subject: bug#15962: 24.3.50; emacs_backtrace.txt

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 21:59:37 -0800 (PST)

> > So again, I cannot tell whether the `f5' had anything to do with the
> > crash, since I clicked and hit `f5' so quickly.  But my guess, offhand,
> > is that the focus change was enough to provoke the crash.
> >
> > And this time I had just used that Emacs 24 frame a couple of minutes
> > earlier.  IOW, I did something in that frame, then I used Emacs 20
> > for a bit (maybe a minute), and then I clicked the Emacs 24 frame
> > and got the crash.
> 
> OK, thanks.  Can you describe your frame configuration, and tell which
> one of those frames got clicked on?

Not helpfully so, I'm afraid. The frame I clicked in and hit `f5' in was
a thumbnail frame showing an emacs-lisp buffer.  Dunno what other Emacs 24
frames I had at the time, but there was at least one other (Dired, details
hidden), and probably they were all thumbnails as well, apart from the
standalone minibuffer frame (which stretches across the bottom of my
screen and is typically 2 lines tall).  A thumbnail frame is just a tiny
frame (shrunk by shrinking the frame font size), with no menu bar or
tool bar (or minibuffer), but with a scroll bar.

I doubt that these facts are significant.  I don't recall whether the
other crashes were similar those respects.  I think at least one of them
involved clicking in a normal-size frame.  My unfounded guess is still
that it is just the change of focus that provokes the crash.