Subject: bug#15962: 24.3.50; emacs_backtrace.txt

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 06:15:47 -0800 (PST)

> > Sorry, no, it was not M-x but C-h v that I typed.  So altogether I did
> > mouse-1 C-h v.
> 
> Did the "C-h" prompt in the minibuffer appear or didn't it?

I don't think so, but I can't swear to it.  My impression was that Emacs
conked out as soon as I clicked mouse-1 in the frame.  But as I did not
see the popup popped up on top (it popped up behind other windows), I
cannot say when the crash really occurred.  I clicked mouse-1 and
immediately typed C-h v, automatically.  Somewhere between moving the
mouse to the Emacs frame and hitting `v', Emacs bombed out.

> Also, if this happens frequently, perhaps you could take notes of the
> last things you did before the crash (not just the last click/command,
> but also a few before that), and describe the window/frame
> configuration at the time of the crash.

Sure, I will try to.  But keep in mind that in this case I had not
used Emacs for quite a while - I was using other Windows apps.  Emacs
was just sitting there peacefully, frames open (e.g., not iconified),
but without me interacting with it.

> Note that moving the mouse away from an Emacs frame and/or moving it
> into a frame, as well as clicking on it causes a message to be sent by
> Windows that Emacs processes.  That processing could somehow trigger
> the crash.  So these details are important parts of the riddle.

Yes, it could have crashed as soon as I moved the mouse over an Emacs
frame.  Or when I hit `down-mouse-1'.  Or released `mouse-1'.  Or hit
`C-h v'.  I can at least say that it did not happen when I moved the
mouse away from Emacs, to use other apps.  I would have noticed that,
since the frames went blank when the popup popped up (behind other
windows).