Subject: RE: bug#15962: 24.3.50; emacs_backtrace.txt

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 14:21:23 -0800 (PST)

> > > FYI - this just happened again - same backtrace, same Emacs build.
> > > AFAIK, I was doing nothing special at the time.
> >
> > And again.  Seems to be pretty common with this build, which is from
> > 2013-11-20.  The previous build I had was from 2013-11-12.
> 
> I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do with this problem given just
> the backtraces.

FWIW (probably not much), I can add this info, from another crash that
just occurred with the same emacs_backtrace.txt.

I was not using Emacs - was in another application (Outlook, IE8 or
some such).  I clicked in an Emacs frame and used, I think, M-x.
Emacs seemed to hang, and C-g did nothing to end that.  But it was
not hung, it was just waiting with the dialog box (MS Windows?) asking
to kill Emacs etc.  The dialog box was not popped to the front, so
I didn't notice it.

But the point is that the crash came when I just clicked mouse-1 in an
Emacs frame after using another app.  I used M-x so quickly after
clicking mouse-1 that I don't know whether it had anything to do with
the crash or just the mouse-1 click was sufficient. My guess is the
latter, but I don't know.

HTH.