Subject: Re: bug#15946: 24.3; Mac OS X, Mavericks, distnoted process

From: "Jan D." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 08:52:38 +0100

Hello.

Matthew Leach skrev 2014-01-14 23:59:
>
> Jan Djärv <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> They are not all like that, somewhere in there is the real leak.  You
>> need to save all output, and put it somewhere it can be read.  If it
>> is large, better not send it to the list.  But if you are doing this,
>> do it on a more recent version than 24.3.
>
> Trunk Emacs seems okay, I get a much smaller output from leaks. There
> are some leaks in there that I think are worth a look though, see
> attached.
>
> I just downloaded Emacs for OS X does and it defiantly has a problem with
> leaking, a freshly started Emacs already generates over a MB of output
> with leaks.
>

Can you run this again, but with MallocStackLogging set?  I.e.:

% MallocStackLogging=1 .../path/to/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs

And if you can, briefly describe what you did in Emacs before running
leaks.

Thanks,

	Jan D.