Subject: bug#15946: 24.3; Mac OS X, Mavericks, distnoted process

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 17:18:12 +0900

>>>>> On Mon, 9 Dec 2013 04:38:59 +0000 (UTC), Christopher Smith <[email-masked]> said:

> Donald Tillman <don <at> till.com> writes:
>> Hi!
>> 
>> I use Emacs on Mac OS X, Mavericks, Intel MacBook Pro, downloaded
>> from emacsformacosx.com.
>> 
>> Running Emacs, a process named "distnoted" starts around 1% or 2%
>> of the CPU, and after a while, slowly works its way up to 50% to
>> 100% of the CPU.  Yoiks!  Actually there appear to be 3 distnoted
>> processes, but only one eats up the CPU.
>> 
>> Quitting Emacs brings distnoted down to under 1% within seconds.

> Just wanted to bump this up, as I've now seen this bug myself. Not
> sure why Emacs is causing the problem. My emacs was built from
> macports.

Which "port" did you use to build Emacs from MacPorts?

I'm asking it because I'd like to know if this problem can also happen
with Emacs Mac port(*).  Users of the MacPorts package system can use
it via the "port" named "emacs-mac-app" (its application bundle name
is EmacsMac.app).

*: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-11/msg00225.html

				     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
				[email-masked]