Subject: bug#15933: make check not working

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 13:16:10 +0200

> From: Andy Moreton <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 10:22:50 +0000
> 
> On Thu 28 Nov 2013, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> 
> > Please try again when you can.  This was actually a crash (didn't you
> > see a popup asking whether to debug or close the application?), due to
> > the fact that w32 file notifications, as implemented, did not support
> > batch mode of operation -- they relied on machinery that is only up
> > and running in interactive sessions.  This should be fixed as of trunk
> > revision 115269.
> 
> Thanks for looking at this. The file-notify tests that were previously
> crashing emacs now complete successfully with r115282.

Good, thanks for testing.

> > The other part of the puzzle was that auto-revert-stop-on-user-input
> > should be bound to nil when running the rest of the tests in
> > file-notify-tests.el, but Michael already fixed that part earlier
> > today.
> >
> > There are still a few (6 on one machine, 3 on another) tests that fail
> > on Windows, but there are no more crashes.
> 
> I also see one test that displays an interactive prompt, which does not
> make much sense in batch mode:

Yes, I see that as well.  But these flymake tests fail on GNU/Linux as
well, so "Someone Else" should look into this.