Subject: Re: bug#15933: make check not working

From: Andy Moreton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 10:22:50 +0000

On Thu 28 Nov 2013, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Please try again when you can.  This was actually a crash (didn't you
> see a popup asking whether to debug or close the application?), due to
> the fact that w32 file notifications, as implemented, did not support
> batch mode of operation -- they relied on machinery that is only up
> and running in interactive sessions.  This should be fixed as of trunk
> revision 115269.

Thanks for looking at this. The file-notify tests that were previously
crashing emacs now complete successfully with r115282.

> The other part of the puzzle was that auto-revert-stop-on-user-input
> should be bound to nil when running the rest of the tests in
> file-notify-tests.el, but Michael already fixed that part earlier
> today.
>
> There are still a few (6 on one machine, 3 on another) tests that fail
> on Windows, but there are no more crashes.

I also see one test that displays an interactive prompt, which does not
make much sense in batch mode:

--[make check]------------------------------------------------
  skipped  514/521  vc-bzr-test-bug9781
  skipped  515/521  vc-bzr-test-faulty-bzr-autoloads
Loading cc-langs...
Buffer "test.c" has a running process; kill it? (yes or no)
Test warning-predicate-function-gcc backtrace:
  (if (unwind-protect (setq value-78801 (apply fn-78799 args-78800)) (
  (let (form-description-78803) (if (unwind-protect (setq value-78801
  (let ((value-78801 (quote ert-form-evaluation-aborted-78802))) (let
  (let ((fn-78799 (function eq)) (args-78800 (list (quote flymake-warn
  (lambda nil (let ((value-78797 (cl-gensym "ert-form-evaluation-abort
  #[0 "\306\307!r\211q\210\310\311\312\313\314\315!\316\"\317\320%DC
  funcall(#[0 "\306\307!r\211q\210\310\311\312\313\314\315!\316\"\31
  ert--run-test-internal([cl-struct-ert--test-execution-info [cl-struc
  #[0 "r\304 q\210\305 )\306\307\310\311\312\313!\314\"\315\316%DC\2
  funcall(#[0 "r\304 q\210\305 )\306\307\310\311\312\313!\314\"\315\
  ert-run-test([cl-struct-ert-test warning-predicate-function-gcc "Tes
  ert-run-or-rerun-test([cl-struct-ert--stats t [[cl-struct-ert-test a
  ert-run-tests(t #[385 "\306\307\"\203D\211\211G\310U\203\211@\20
  ert-run-tests-batch(nil)
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit()
  command-line-1(("-L" ";../../../test/automated" "-l" "../../../test/
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test warning-predicate-function-gcc condition:
    (ert-test-failed
     ((should
       (eq 'flymake-warnline
            (flymake-tests--current-face "test.c" ...)))
      :form
      (eq flymake-warnline nil)
      :value nil))
   FAILED  516/521  warning-predicate-function-gcc
--[make check]------------------------------------------------