Subject: bug#15933: make check not working

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 14:13:38 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> No, it did fail in file-notify-test02-events.
>
> How do you know?  The fact that it said "skipped" does not necessarily
> mean the code that "skipped" didn't error out.

It was the next test case in queue (that's why I've numbered the test
case names).

> If you do know what triggered the error, can you point it out?

Don't know yet.

>> null-device is an indicator NOT to try remote test cases.
>
> Why not nil?

`file-remote-p' expects a string.

>> "/ssh::/tmp" is indeed for accessing a local sshd. Nothing I would
>> assume for MS Windows.
>
> You could provide for a possibility to set this up with a remote Unix
> machine.  It would be better than just skipping, I think.

tramp-tests.el accepts environment variable $TRAMP_TEST_TEMPORARY_FILE_DIRECTORY,
overriding the default. Maybe I shall add a similar mechanism in
file-notify-tests.el.

Best regards, Michael.