Subject: Re: bug#15933: make check not working

From: Andy Moreton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 20:34:14 +0000

On Wed 20 Nov 2013, Glenn Morris wrote:

> Andy Moreton wrote:
>
>> Running 'make check' does not work correctly for me with bzr r115157 on
>> Windows with mingw and and out of tree build directory:
>>
>> --[make check]------------------------------------------------------
>> Compiling ../../../test/automated/package-x-test.el
>>
>> In toplevel form:
>> ../../../test/automated/package-x-test.el:38:30:Error: Cannot open load file: no such file or directory, package-test
>> make[2]: *** [../../../test/automated/package-x-test.elc] Error 1
>> --[make check]------------------------------------------------------
>
> It works fine for me on GNU/Linux.
> I see nothing mingw specific in the changes you suggest, so it is not
> obvious to me what is going on.
> Perhaps -L :foo is not working correctly on mingw?

I use a an out of tree build i.e for bzr sources in "trunk/", I build
in "trunk/obj-mingw32/". Without the patch I get the error above. With
it, the tests build and run.

The compile-main targets in test/automated/Makefile.in was originally
copied from lisp/Makefile.in (according to the comments). It seems that
it has not been updated to match the recent changes for msys path
translation and relative paths.

The suggested patch simply updates the build targets to more closely
match how the updated lisp/Makefile.in does things.

    AndyM