Subject: Re: bug#15927: Bug in date command

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 11:46:28 -0700

tag 15927 needinfo
thanks

On 11/19/2013 05:23 AM, Claudio Pinto wrote:
> date --date=10/20/2013
> 
> result in
> 
> date: invalid date `10/20/2013'

We need more details, such as your current timezone.  I suspect that you
are running into a FAQ:

https://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/faq/coreutils-faq.html#The-date-command-is-not-working-right_002e

in that you are probably in a timezone where daylight savings changed
your time from midnight to 1am at the very start of that particular day,
and therefore where there is no effective midnight on that date.  But as
I don't know what timezone you are in, I haven't managed to reproduce it
locally (in my timezone, daylight savings changes occur at 2am rather
than midnight).

-- 
Eric Blake   eblake redhat com    +1-919-301-3266
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org