Subject: 24.3.50; regression: mouse-face does not stay on (turn-off due to tooltip?)

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 09:49:02 -0800 (PST)

The same symptom is true wherever property `mouse-face' is used, AFAICT.
When you move the mouse on top of such a zone, at first there is no
highlighting, then there is highlighting very briefly, which disappears
even when you keep the mouse in the same position over the zone.

If you move the mouse away from the `mouse-face' zone and then move it
back over the zone, you will get another brief flash of highlighting.

Essentially, `mouse-face' has lost all of its highlighting, except
for a brief flash as you move into the zone.  It should stay lit as long
as the mouse is over the zone.

I see this in `emacs -Q', but especially in my setup.  In `emacs -Q', it
seems that the highlighting disappears at the moment that a :help
tooltip is displayed.  In my setup I have `tool-tip-mode' turned off.

This regression was introduced after this build (2013-08-23):

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2013-08-23 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 113986 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/binary --enable-checking=yes,glyphs
 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3' LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib
 CPPFLAGS=-Ic:/Devel/emacs/include'

and before this build (2013-08-31):

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2013-08-31 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 114088 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/binary --enable-checking=yes,glyphs
 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3' LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib
 CPPFLAGS=-Ic:/Devel/emacs/include'

-------------------------------

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2013-11-12 on LEG570
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --enable-checking 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3' CPPFLAGS=-DGLYPH_DEBUG=1'