Subject: bug#15901: 24.3.50; typing i in dired hangs emacs

From: Dieter Deyke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 09:35:53 +0100

After starting emacs -Q I entered dired, put the cursor over a normal
directory, and typed i to insert this directory. Emacs hangs.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.22)
 of 2013-11-15 on deyke2
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11403000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (jessie)

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr/local/emacs'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-x d ~ / p o d <tab> <return> i M-x r e p o r <tab> 
<return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Quit

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils dired-aux dired time-date tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Dieter Deyke
mailto:[email-masked]