Subject: Re: bug#15900: 24.3.50; foreground-color-at-point returns wrong results

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 05:42:13 +0200

> From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 23:38:11 +0100
> 
> Hello,
> 
> > > I think he means that the value of property `face' (whether from
> > > a text property or an overlay property) can be a list of faces.
> 
> Indeed.  Plus, I want to look at the font-lock-face property.
> 
> > Yes, but then you get all that list in a single call to
> > get-char-property, right?  So where's the difficulty in collecting
> > "all the faces at point"?
> 
> There's no difficulty.

Then I don't understand why you still want to analyze colors instead
of analyzing faces.  This is what my suggestion boiled down to:
instead of trying to figure out the foreground color of the text at
point, just compare its face(s) with a list of known faces whose
appearance you don't want to override.

> Eli, did you ever read the code snip I had included?

Of course, I did.  But it still talks about colors, something I
suggested to avoid.