Subject: bug#15899: 24.3.50; regression: `region' overlay is lower priority than default

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 00:35:25 +0200

On 15.11.2013 18:40, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>>>> I'm not convinced it's a bug, since this "bug" was also the fix for
>>>> another bug.
>>>
>>> Was that other bug also about priorities of faces?
>>
>> Yes. http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=15618
>
> But since the region is now an overlay, the inconsistency will be
> gone, right?

Yes, but if the region overlay will have priority infinity, the 
inconsistency will "be gone" in the opposite way from how 15618 was 
resolved.

Which will make the related feature of `easy-kill' much harder (maybe 
impossible) to implement.

If the region overlay will have a high but finite and documented 
priority, that would be much better.