Subject: Re: bug#15896: 24.3.50; Org-8.0: M-x customize-changed 24.3 doesn't show new export options

From: Jambunathan K <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 12:35:01 +0530

> I already did, as did everyone else.  You are the only exception.

I am not the only exception.  See this post, where the change in the
prefix is affecting existing customization.  One of the suggestions I
made was to establish an alias or an obsolete alias for defcustoms.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2013-11/msg00601.html

,----  From that post:
|
| The name of the variable is org-export-with-sub-superscripts.
| 
| Maybe org-use-sub-superscripts is a remnant that should be deleted: not
| sure why it is still around. I note that it is defined and used in
| org.el, whereas org-export-with-sub-superscripts is defined and used in
| ox.el.
`----

In my frank opinion, you fall in to the errro of mixing the message and
the medium.

This bug was dissmissed merely because it came from me...

Bastien was not involved with exporters (in any sense) and he wants to
avoid grunt work by being argumentative with me.  Now, if you are siding
with his arguments and not make up your mind, you are just being
whimsical.  

It was rude of you to close the bug of which you nothing about.