Subject: Re: bug#15876: 24.3.50; Highly degraded performance between rev 114715 and 115006

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 22:05:18 -0500

"Sebastien Vauban" wrote:

> BTW, I was expecting it to be so, as I'm using a Git copy of Org [1] -- this
> was not said in my mail. Hence, if a change in Org was responsible for the
> problem, I *should* have it in both Emacs versions or not at all, no?

What this for sure would mean is that it is pointless to report it here,
as opposed to the Org list.

Although you originally said:

>    What's become slow:
>    - movements (<down>, <C-home>, etc.) in Org files
>    - movements (<down>, <C-home>, etc.) in mails
>    - maybe other stuff (not yet tested)

I don't see how point 2 can be Org-related. But then I have no idea what
setup you are using.

If you think Emacs is generally slow, then please post a recipe
starting from emacs -Q that shows the problem, preferably not involving
Org (since it has many moving parts).

If you think your git copy of Org has become slower, then talk to the Org
mailing list.