Subject: bug#15876: 24.3.50; Highly degraded performance between rev 114715 and 115006

From: "Sebastien Vauban" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 15:04:06 +0100

Glenn Moris wrote:
>> Best to update to the very latest trunk (you are 70+ revisions behind at
>> time of writing) and do a clean build before spending much time on this.
>
> Is that have something to do with the performance degradation?

I'm now using rev 115085 (of 2013-11-12), thanks to Dani.

As for 115006, that version is almost unusable as some operations are so slow.

See a comparative demo of rev 114715 and 115085 on
http://screencast.com/t/ITwSR0Wrz.

Problems:

- Moving with C-up/down takes more time with latest Emacs, and uses up to 33%
  of my CPU (vs about 1% with rev 114715).

- S-TAB'ing in an Org mode file takes 20s (vs 1s with rev 114715) and eats up
  to 33% of my CPU as well.

Best regards,
  Seb

-- 
Sebastien Vauban