Subject: Re: bug#15856: Pick a Font window should have a third button so it needn't dissappear

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2019 17:58:14 +0200

積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <[email-masked]> writes:

> <menu-bar> <options> <menu-set-font>

This is

M-: (x-select-font)

which turns out to call xg_get_font, which (basically) just calls
gtk_font_chooser_dialog_new.  There doesn't seem to be any way to have
more buttons in that widget than there already is:

https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkFontChooserDialog.html

We could change the meaning of "select" to "select but don't close the
window", but then you'd have to use "cancel" to choose the final font,
which would be even more awkward.

So I don't think there's any reasonable way to fix this, and I'm closing
this bug report.  If somebody comes up with a way to do this, please
reopen.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no