Subject: bug#15843: 24.3.50; Edebug feature request

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2019 11:16:42 +0200

Nathan Trapuzzano <[email-masked]> writes:

> Edebug would benefit from something like debug.el's
> `cancel-debug-on-entry'.  Especially after stepping through large
> functions and into other functions therefrom, it's annoying to have to
> manually re-eval them to remove the extra forms added by Edebug.

I think this sounds like a useful command -- I often find myself having
edebug-instrumented a whole bunch of functions, and having to manually
re-eval all of them is tedious.

So a command like `edebug-cancel-all-functions' would be nice, and I
looked into the bowels of edebug.el to see whether that would be
easy...  and...  I think so?

I think we basically have to go through all the symbols and see whether
any of those are edebugged, and if so, call `edebug-unwrap*' on them and
set the function definition to that?

Or is there a better way?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no