Subject: bug#15901: closed (Re: bug#15841: Display bugs with cache-long-lines non-nil)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 16:33:10 +0000

Your bug report

#15841: 24.3.50; typing i in dired hangs emacs

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
15841: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=15841
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#15841: Display bugs with cache-long-lines non-nil
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Andy Moreton <[email-masked]>, Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 18:32:05 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 19:05:42 +0100
> 
> Initial tests succeeded: `i' in Dired works as expected and there is no
> infloop or display oddities.  I'll report back if any problems crop up
> on further use.  Otherwise, thanks for fixing this!

No further problems, so I committed the changes as trunk revision
115138, and I'm closing this bug.

Subject: 24.3.50; typing i in dired hangs emacs
From: Dieter Deyke <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 09:35:53 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

After starting emacs -Q I entered dired, put the cursor over a normal
directory, and typed i to insert this directory. Emacs hangs.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.22)
 of 2013-11-15 on deyke2
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11403000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (jessie)

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr/local/emacs'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-x d ~ / p o d <tab> <return> i M-x r e p o r <tab> 
<return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Quit

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils dired-aux dired time-date tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Dieter Deyke
mailto:[email-masked]