Subject: Re: bug#15841: Display bugs with cache-long-lines non-nil

From: Andy Moreton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 18:53:31 +0000

On Fri 15 Nov 2013, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 18:31:32 +0200
>> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> 
>> In any case, I already traced through the code that is involved, and
>> the immediate reason for the assertion violation is that the cache
>> isn't being updated wrt changes in buffer size (which are caused by
>> decoding the stuff brought in by 'ls').  However, a naive attempt to
>> force such updates didn't solve the whole problem: the aborts are
>> gone, but the infloop is still there, and also other minor display
>> issues.  So I guess there's another factor at work there...
>
> I think I might have found a solution for this.  Could you please run
> with the patch below for a while, and see if it gives good results?

Thanks Eli - I've seen the same problem with inserting a subdirectory in
a dired buffer. Applying your patch to r115122 fixed dired for me.

    AndyM