Subject: bug#15841: Display bugs with cache-long-lines non-nil

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 05:51:26 +0200

> From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 00:45:17 +0100
> 
> > Can you show some simple enough code that puts so many overlays, and
> > has this effect?  It sounds like some optimization is in order.
> 
> Sorry, I did not find an easy test case.  I tried to simplify the
> essence of what my code does, but the effect didn't occur.  Seems that
> lots of different things must come together to provoke this symptom.
> Given the fact that my code was really broken, I don't think it's worth
> the time to follow this up.  It would cost me many hours to compile some
> test code for emacs -Q.  Or do you think it would be worth it?  If you
> think it could be very important, I would do it, but it would be very
> time intensive.  My code works well now with `cache-long-scans' t after
> the right fixes, btw.

If the bug isn't reproducible, it isn't worth working on.

Thanks.