Subject: bug#15840: closed (Re: bug#15840: libxml-parse-xml-region: Raise runtime error, don't return nil)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 05:14:02 +0000

Your bug report

#15840: libxml-parse-xml-region: Raise runtime error, don't return nil

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
15840: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=15840
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#15840: libxml-parse-xml-region: Raise runtime error, don't return nil
From: Jambunathan K <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 10:42:53 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

OP here.  Closed.

Subject: libxml-parse-xml-region: Raise runtime error, don't return nil
From: Jambunathan K <[email-masked]>
To: Christof Spitz <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2013 09:29:15 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Christof

Christof Spitz <[email-masked]> writes:

> I found the bug: Windows-Emacs was missing the libxml2 library. I got
> the libxml2-2.7.8.-w32-bin.zip, copied the content of /bin into Emacs'
> /bin directory and now the formatting works.

This should have been very difficult to track down. 

ox-freemind.el does invoke `libxml-parse-xml-region'.  I think Emacs
should raise a runtime error (and not return nil) if the above API is
called but libxml is unavailable.

ps: This bug is a good excuse to audit "other" such wrapper calls (if
there are any) and make sure that they don't fall silently.