Subject: Re: bug#15834: Crash during bootstrap

From: Andy Moreton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 13:08:09 +0000

On Mon 11 Nov 2013, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> From: Andy Moreton <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 23:04:15 +0000
>> 
>> I found r115053 crashed compiling tramp-smb.el when bootstrapping from a
>> clean tree with -O2, but not with -O0. Recompiling tramp-smb.el from the
>> built emacs also did not have any problems in either case.
>
> What if you copy the initial bootstrap-emacs.exe while it is
> compiling, and try compiling tramp-smb with that afterwards, does it
> crash?

I tried running bootstrap-emacs.exe with a batch compile on the command
line without problems.

>> I think it is unlikely that that cache-long-scans is involved. It is
>> more likely to be some interaction between my build script, and recent
>> changes to path handling in the makefiles and configury.
>
> Yes, maybe the special way you invoke MSYS triggers something.  Try
> removing unneeded things from the shell environment, perhaps.

After switching to using a non-interactive login msys shell, I can't
reproduce this on one of the machines, so I think this problem is
probably pilot error and and can be closed.