Subject: bug#15834: Crash during bootstrap

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 05:50:22 +0200

> From: Andy Moreton <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 23:04:15 +0000
> 
> I found r115053 crashed compiling tramp-smb.el when bootstrapping from a
> clean tree with -O2, but not with -O0. Recompiling tramp-smb.el from the
> built emacs also did not have any problems in either case.

What if you copy the initial bootstrap-emacs.exe while it is
compiling, and try compiling tramp-smb with that afterwards, does it
crash?

> I think it is unlikely that that cache-long-scans is involved. It is
> more likely to be some interaction between my build script, and recent
> changes to path handling in the makefiles and configury.

Yes, maybe the special way you invoke MSYS triggers something.  Try
removing unneeded things from the shell environment, perhaps.

> As it seems to require a clean tree to reproduce the problem, narrowing
> it down will be somewhat time consuming.

"bzr branch" produces a clean tree with almost no cost.