Subject: Re: bug#15822: 24.3; autoconf mode uncomments every other line

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 02:37:17 -0500

Version: 24.4

Thanks for the report. Hopefully this fixes it:

*** lisp/progmodes/autoconf.el	2013-05-08 16:27:53 +0000
--- lisp/progmodes/autoconf.el	2013-11-08 07:34:02 +0000
***************
*** 79,85 ****
    (setq-local parens-require-spaces nil) ; for M4 arg lists
    (setq-local defun-prompt-regexp "^[ \t]*A[CM]_\\(\\sw\\|\\s_\\)+")
    (setq-local comment-start "dnl ")
!   (setq-local comment-start-skip "\\(?:\\(\\W\\|\\`\\)dnl\\|#\\) +")
    (setq-local syntax-propertize-function
  	      (syntax-propertize-rules ("\\<dnl\\>" (0 "<"))))
    (setq-local font-lock-defaults
--- 79,86 ----
    (setq-local parens-require-spaces nil) ; for M4 arg lists
    (setq-local defun-prompt-regexp "^[ \t]*A[CM]_\\(\\sw\\|\\s_\\)+")
    (setq-local comment-start "dnl ")
!   ;; We want to avoid matching "dnl" in other text.
!   (setq-local comment-start-skip "\\(?:\\(\\W\\|^\\)dnl\\|#\\) +")
    (setq-local syntax-propertize-function
  	      (syntax-propertize-rules ("\\<dnl\\>" (0 "<"))))
    (setq-local font-lock-defaults