Subject: RE: bug#15820: 24.3.50; (elisp) `File Local Variables'

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 10:17:43 -0800 (PST)

> > This part of the text is unclear:
> >
> >   When defining a user option using `defcustom', you can set its
> >   `safe-local-variable' property by adding the arguments `:safe
> >   FUNCTION' to `defcustom'
> >
> > FUNCTION needs to be described here.  Just say that FUNCTION is
> > the same as the function used as the value of property
> > `safe-local-variable'.
> 
> It is explained in the immediately previous paragraph.

FUNCTION is not described there.  What is described there is the
function that is the value of property `safe-local-variable'.

But I was mistaken that the connection between the two is not made
clear.  They are connected in the same sentence, by saying that
:safe FUNCTION _sets_ the property.  It is reasonable to assume
that FUNCTION is used as the value that is set.  Not a bug.  Thx.