Subject: Re: bug#15809: 24.3.50; wrong defcustom type for `suggest-key-bindings'

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 07:53:57 -0700

Mattias Engdegård <[email-masked]> writes:

> 25 sep. 2021 kl. 15.00 skrev Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>:
>
>>>> (define-widget 'natnum 'restricted-sexp
>>>>  "A nonnegative integer."
>>>>  :tag "Integer (positive)"
>>>
>>> Sorry, but this is just wrong. 0 is not a positive integer.
>>
>> The text does not say that zero is positive.
>
> Actually the tag text does.

Well spotted, thanks!  That is completely wrong, yes.

> What about "Integer (nonnegative)", "Integer (positive or zero)", or
> something else?

Both sound good to me.  The second one doesn't just repeat what is
already said in the other text, so I slightly prefer that one.  Feel
free to install whichever you like better (or tell me to do it if that's
easier).

> And please accept my apologies about the somewhat unfriendly tone of
> my original message. I'm really very happy with the change otherwise.

No reason to apologize.  I was mostly wondering what was the reason for
all the commotion, but now I can see why.  :-)