Subject: 24.3.50; PUSH_HANDLER leaks memory?

From: Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 19:32:39 +0100

Hello.

While running leaks on OSX, it indicated that PUSH_HANDLER.  I can't find anywhere where
handlerlist members are freed.

Consider handlerlist = NULL.
One PUSH_HANDLER will then allocate one struct handler that becomes handlerlist, next is NULL and nextfree is NULL.

In the code, for example internal_condition_case_1, the code simply does
    handlerlist = handlerllist->next

thus loosing the allocated struct.  There must be a corresponding xfree somewhere but I can't find it.

	Jan D.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.0.0, NS apple-appkit-1265.00)
of 2013-11-04 on zeplin
Bzr revision: 114945 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1265
Configured using:
`configure --verbose --with-ns CFLAGS=-g3'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: sv_SE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<escape> x r e p o r t - e m <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Unable to load color "unspecified-fg"
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Unable to load color "unspecified-fg" [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process cocoa ns
multi-tty emacs)